Saturday, December 6, 2008

Confidence boost from Linksys

I recently upgraded the firmware on my Linksys WRT54G router to this version. I include the preview because I love this icon. So sleek and mysterious.


Well actually, first I downloaded the prominently displayed firmware upgrade. It turned out to be for a later version of the router, so I got this excellent message. It's more than an error message. It's a slap in the face. It's a raging, hopeless slogan for scrawling above the door of a bombed out hospital, perhaps. Continue.


No problem, really. It isn't as dire as it sounds. "Please check the bottom of your router to make sure you have the correct version," says the guide. Just dig a little bit on the Cisco site and find the firmware for your router version. It's in Home >> Support >> Technical Support >> Downloads.

Ah, that's better! Your reward is this sunny fanfare for the credulous.

Sleep soundly. Cisco is looking after the details.

No comments: